Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ipoh - mon petit chez moi

Make sure the background soundtrack when reading this story is Comme d’habitude, the original version of My Way.

I wake up in the morning, pick up my things and drive to work. The next day - ditto. Hitting the same road again and again and again… day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year… If there is no Kiamat I think I will do this eternally. C’est ma vie…

And I've decided. I will settle down here in Ipoh. Everything. Living here is tranquil peacefully calm and cool damn relaxing. I know this city very well, her temperament, her curves, her ups and downs, her caches.

And if there ever be evil force wanted to invade Ipoh again I know where to run. If there war between the good and bad force ever erupted (metaphorically speaking of course, you know what i mean, dont pretend...) I know where is safe. I know yes I know every corner and every turn. I know the place like the back of my hand.
I know where to get those pirated CDs. I know where the blonds blondes moonlight. I know where to get the best parking spot in every complex. I know by heart how they arranged things in Tesco.
Ipoh latest fly over.... Yee haa...the weatherq is clearq

Ipoh the place notorious for its leng luis fatale. Where shopping malls, food stalls, pasar malam et al are normally attended by eyes popping lai, lai, lai sale persons, promoters or helpers; and crowd that sleeveless and short pant sexy dressing kind of thing are apparently their second nature without second thought; and where a more than elsewhere towkeys flaunting their Mercedes while Hondas sidelining Protons; and where abundance and impressive limestone hills are our beautiful backdrop but their setback are totally ignored and their natural beauties restrained and predominated by the ever encroaching shrine, temples, gated community et cetera; and where roadside pamelo sale girls aligning preparing ready to defeat you naturally; and where the scattered and abandoned ponds legacy from decades of tin mining left the short-sighted authority no other thinking but to reclaim and construct a vast sink prone housing area. Dan banyak-banyak lagi…

Alas, alas, alas, this is the place I grow up. This is my kampong. This is my joie de vivre. My comfort zone. I do not need to fasten my seatbelt when driving around. If this is my life sentence I more than happy to accept, it is much better than others I think. I made my decision. A fateful choice. Between a living or a life, yeah...

No! Not even if you try to swirl me with the most brilliant wisdom or philosophy, not even if my BMI indicates me to start exercise now, not even if I mirror the horror pattern of cellulite accumulating haha, not even if the my prosperity look- alike tummy now needs liposuction, not even if my only chance to own a BMW is to participate the Petronas Super Car Craze contest saja. I will not budge an inch, no, no.

I am prepared to pencen here. Aging gracefully here. I will lay back, twiddling thumbs, digging nose and wondering what ler all this people rush, rush, rush… enjoying my lethargic life style and practising some kind of my own version of hedonism. But please not mistaken me. I have not lost my heart, my guts. I have not lost my savoir-vivre yet. Je pete du feu ici! I am farting fire here. I will strike when the timing is right. from my comfort zone.


Give back my Gunong View...!

sekian terima kasih

No comments: